Any smart gay man has a certain level of homophobia
The research data also indicated that "participants who reported having supportive and accepting parents were more in touch with their implicit sexual orientation and less susceptible to homophobia" and furthermore,. Not only are the assumptions of the methodology flawed, but the participants were all college students, so authors suggested that in future a study testing younger adolescents against older adults would be fruitful, to see how attitudes change over time.
Some years ago, a landmark study , "Parental Autonomy Support and Discrepancies between Implicit and Explicit Sexual Identities", published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology indicated that homophobia can result, at least in part, from the suppression of same-sex desire. Former Ohio representative Wesley Goodman resigned in November after it came out that he had engaged in sexual intercourse with a man in his office.
As Netta Weinstein, the study's lead author, observed, "They may be threatened by gays and lesbians because homosexuals remind them of similar tendencies within themselves. He was also accused of fondling an year-old man at a conservative event, and of pursuing several young gay men while in office.
Infos de derni res minutes: C est la rentr e gay sexe hard rencontre mec gay des classes pour la put
- Those people who have such discrepancies, who have really a split between their unconscious attraction and what they consciously say about themselves, are more likely to come from authoritarian homes. The declaration may have pleased gay activists, long engaged in an uphill battle to deliver justice to the LGBTQ community, but representatives of India's Hindu nationalist government were quick to dash their hopes.
- To be sure, Swamy is not the only bigot in Modi's menagerie.
- Close Vote Are you sure you want to submit this vote? The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of DailyO.
- That reasoning that a tolerant society somehow encourages homosexuality to flourish has been used to support anti-gay legislation in Uganda, Russia, and elsewhere. Individuals who identify as straight but in psychological tests show a strong attraction to the same sex may be threatened by gays and lesbians because homosexuals remind them of similar tendencies within themselves.
- Yes, delete this comment Cancel.
- Comments Login or register to comment.
Fun, informative and thought-provoking. Final Say. Furthermore, homophobia in ethnic minority communities has been found to contribute to a lack of participation in HIV-related services.